Last week we had sun and temps still close to and in the 70's. It was still feeling like the beginning of fall. We LOVED it...
All of a sudden, one day, we went from warm to freezing, over night! Something about cold weather makes it *feel* like the holidays. I didn't even feel sad to see the warm temps disappear. In fact, I was almost happy to see it change. It seems like as soon as the cold weather hit, I started finding myself counting down the days until Thanksgiving, and noticing the Christmas music playing everywhere. I'm looking forward to getting a Christmas tree, decorating, and watching David all bundled up on the roof, hanging lights on the house.
We are so used to rain and clouds at this time of year. Here in Bend, they average over 330 days of sun. Looking outside, this temp change is pretty deceiving. The first day of cold, was such a beautiful day. Austin and Ethan tried to run outside to play without a coat, and Austin was trying to convince me he could wear shorts. I talked them into pants and a light jacket, and sent them out. Within about 10 minutes, they were both back in looking for their heavy coats. Austin even asked if he could double up on his pants! It was only in the high 30's that day! They are REALLY going to be surprised to see 4 below!
On clear days, we can see the Sisters mountains from our front porch. Its amazing to watch them getting covered with more and more snow each day. I tried to get a picture this morning to post here, but they are covered with clouds, probably getting more snow. I'll try another day...
So its time for Christmas shopping, planning, and family memories. I hope you all have a great finish to 2008...
Happy Holidays!
All of a sudden, one day, we went from warm to freezing, over night! Something about cold weather makes it *feel* like the holidays. I didn't even feel sad to see the warm temps disappear. In fact, I was almost happy to see it change. It seems like as soon as the cold weather hit, I started finding myself counting down the days until Thanksgiving, and noticing the Christmas music playing everywhere. I'm looking forward to getting a Christmas tree, decorating, and watching David all bundled up on the roof, hanging lights on the house.
We are so used to rain and clouds at this time of year. Here in Bend, they average over 330 days of sun. Looking outside, this temp change is pretty deceiving. The first day of cold, was such a beautiful day. Austin and Ethan tried to run outside to play without a coat, and Austin was trying to convince me he could wear shorts. I talked them into pants and a light jacket, and sent them out. Within about 10 minutes, they were both back in looking for their heavy coats. Austin even asked if he could double up on his pants! It was only in the high 30's that day! They are REALLY going to be surprised to see 4 below!
On clear days, we can see the Sisters mountains from our front porch. Its amazing to watch them getting covered with more and more snow each day. I tried to get a picture this morning to post here, but they are covered with clouds, probably getting more snow. I'll try another day...
So its time for Christmas shopping, planning, and family memories. I hope you all have a great finish to 2008...
Happy Holidays!

I'm SO jealous that you are going to get snow!!! I love snow! Definitely post pics of the mountains!!!
Yeah, we got the shock of cold weather here too. I just checked the temperature outside and it is 3pm and still 34 degrees. At least its not raining. The kids are hoping for snow. I guess it snowed for about 10 minutes yesterday at school. Its going to take some time for me to get used to these colder temperatures after living in Hawaii for 4 years!
I agree it definately makes me get into the holiday spirit. One thing about Hawaii is, with no season change it was hard to get into the "mood". I am so excited about decorating our new house. Should be fun!
So are you guys closer to Idaho now? IF so are you thinking what I'm thinking? ROAD TRIP??
We got a cold blast too, but it is warming up nicely today!!!!
yes, we are closer!! A whole 2 hours! So maybe a 6 hour drive now???